Friday, July 15, 2011

MUFE Aqua Liner Review & Swatches #7 and #11


Hey all! A new product review today. Mufe Aqua liners are touted as being..

High Precision Waterproof Eyeliner
Aqua Liner is a high precision waterproof liquid eyeliner. Rich in pigments and polymers, its formula guarantees intense color and an outstanding waterproof result. Its ergonomic applicator lets you easily apply an ultra precise line to create an eyeliner makeup look. Aqua liner is available in a wide range of vibrant shades with matte, iridescent and diamond finishes. Easily remove with waterproof makeup remover.


Swatch of #11 - 2 Layers vs. 1 Layer
#11 is a dark purple with a blue base with silver microshimmer. 

In regards to the claim of high precision, the wand has both good and bad aspects. It's made out of foam which is not my favorite type of applicator.. It makes creating a precise curve a little bit challenging due to the fact that it isn't very flexible. Creating a straight line on this was a challenge! 

The formula is a bit runny and, as most blogs have previously stated, you MUST shake the bottle before use otherwise it will be a runny mess. It is not as pigmented as I'd like, see the difference in layering the product ones versus layering it twice? A bit of a let down.

On the bright side, the formula is extremely waterproof and wear proof. I woke up around 8 o'clock a.m yesterday and by the time I went to sleep after the Harry Potter premiere around 2:30 a.m (After MANY tears..) it was still there. Albeit it didn't look perfect, it definitely held on. 
After running my arms under water nothing happened!
While the formula's staying power is a definite plus, I can't get past the runny formula and the unyielding applicator. For this reason, I'm going to return #7. Because I used #11, I don't think it is ethical for me to return it but no matter - the color alone almost makes up for it. 

Tips for using this: Shake the bottle and wait for it to dry - it does have a rather long drying time. Fixing mistakes will not be easy! I will be definitely trying out Urban Decay's new liners - same idea, better wand from what I've seen! 

Overall: B- 

Have you tried these new aqua liners? Did your experience differ from mine? Let me know in the comments! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment