Sunday, July 31, 2011

Maybelline EyeStudio Color Explosion "Amethyst Ablazed": Review & Swatches

After hearing rave reviews at Beauty Gala and at A Brilliant Brunette about Maybelline's new palettes, I decided to give one a try.






From Left to Right:
1: The first color is a red-based grape color. A color that is easily dupe-able but still nice. Not much shimmer to note, maybe a few specks of silver.
2: The second color is a light purple, almost pink with gold shimmer. I wanted to love this color BEYOND belief, but it was a little powdery. In fact, they all were. The amount of pigmentation makes them susceptible to getting everywhere. The shimmer didn't really adhere to the color itself, but it does remind me a lot of Tainted, but much darker.
3: Another color I wanted to love but am still on the fence about. A bluer-based purple blue and silver glitter. It took a little effort to get full color intensity, but in the end I still think it's workable.
4: A frosted Lilac. It wasn't so frosty that it'd be a bad highlight. This is a shade I really like.
5: A silver glitter that can be layered over the other colors. Not much to say about this! It's not really my cup of tea.

This palette is a little expensive in drug store terms. It was $10.99 at Ulta but thanks to my trusty coupon I got $3.50 off on it.

Overall: B+, most colors were powdery but generally nicely pigmented!

Despite the drawbacks, I am excited to try this palette out. Expect a look with it soon! :)

Do you want to buy this? Have you thought about buying any of the other palettes? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment